Thursday, September 17, 2009

Patriots Report: Week 2

LAST WEEK

I need to explain what happened in last week's prediction.

I predicted - Pats 38 Bills 21
Final score - Pats 25 Bills 24


I was off by two touchdowns. However, the Patriots were in the red zone twice and didn't score, which is something they rarely failed to do against Buffalo in the recent past, so the score easily could have been higher.

I was trying to decide if Tom Brady was just rusty in the first 57 minutes or if the Bills have better defense this year. In all, I think Buffalo is an improved team -- though one that New England could have beaten handily if Brady were in mid-season form. I am sticking with my prediction that the Bills will finish second and will have an outside shot at the wild card.

THIS WEEK

The Jets are underdogs on their own turf. Their response? "Let's embarrass them!" Bob Ryan has a fun commentary on the border wars below.

The official line is Pats by 4 points and a total of 45 points.

Four points? Give me a break! I think the point total is about accurate, but it will be the Pats by two touchdowns. With the cobwebs blown off, it should be an entertaining passing show for Brady as always.

Patriots 28
Jets 14


No comments:

Post a Comment