Friday, October 2, 2009

Patriots Report: Week 4

Last week's prediction.

I predicted - Pats 28 Falcons 14
Final score - Pats 26 Falcons 16


In my AFC East 2009/2010 preview, I wrote that in order to go to go 13-3, the Patriots would have to win one of four tough games, the Falcons being one of them. The unexpected loss to the Jets made me change my mind. The Ravens I did not count on being so good, so I am now reversing this one as well.

THIS WEEK

Ravens 21
Patriots 20


I'll admit this is a tough one. I haven't predicted that the Pats would lose in over two years. I've been right 29 out of 35 times. But this one has been nagging at me. I just don't like this match up at this time.

I didn't see the Ravens as being such a strong team, but they are better than the Pats at this point in the season. Their defense has been stellar and Tom Brady isn't clicking on all cylinders yet. So I must predict a loss.

The Jets will probably win against New Orleans, which means that the Pats will be down two games come Monday.

Ouch!

Two things could reverse that scenario.

1. The Pats defense, which has been much better than expected, could hold the Ravens to one touchdown.

2. Brady could have his inevitable break-out game.

That's all they have to do. Hold the opposition to one touchdown per game and with "Brady being Brady," they'll go undefeated all the way through Superbowl XLIV.

But a loss tomorrow is not the end of the season. This is going to be a classic and exciting New England team that will mature and improve as the season wears on.

1 comment: